Buying your first caravan
To help choose the right caravan for you, it is normally best to visit a bonafide dealer! This is the safest way to ensure it is 100% as described, after all, many people do not undestand the importanace and relevance of damp in a caravan and the danger of buying a vehicle that is on finance!
There are various ways to buy caravans:
- Professional caravan retailers, or "Dealers" as they are known.
- Private sellers
- Online auction site like eBay
- Classified advert on the web or in a magazine
- Chap down the pub (Unscrupulous?)
Some pitfalls to be aware of, if you’re not buying from a dealer are: does the caravan has a full service history; is there any damp or delamination; is the year of manufacture correct; is there any outstanding finance on the unit; and is the seller the registered keeper?
It is advisable to always carry out a CRiS (Caravan Registration and Identification Scheme) check first. Also, make sure you actually have possession of the caravan before handing over a large sum of money. Always ask to see proof of ownership if buying privately.
Benefits of buying from a professional dealer
In addition to usually offering a great choice of new or second hand caravans for sale, a dealer will also provide servicing and a thorough pre-delivery inspection of your vehicle, prior to collection. You might therefore consider a dealer close to home, for that added peace of mind.
It’s important to choose a caravan dealer carefully as some are mainly focused on sales and pay little attention to customer care and aftersales. The best advice is to pop along to see for yourself or ask for personal recommendations from family, friends, neighbours or work colleagues, or look for trustworthy reviews online.
When buying from a dealer you will also benefit from a comprehensive warranty, condusive to the year of the vehicle. Late models may even include the continuation of a factory backed manufacturers warranty!
REMEMBER: Warranty = Piece Of Mind! (For you and your family).
Why choose Broad Lane as your caravan dealer?
Here are just a few good reasons:
- Truly genuine family business established in 1971
- Cherished NCC (National Caravan Council) Approved Dealership status
- Members NCC Approved Workshop Scheme
- Open seven days a week, all year round
- Straightforward advice regarding towing and towcars
- Thousands of satisfied, repeat customers
- Main agents for six leading caravan manufacturers with long-standing relationships
- Vast array of popular new and used caravans, along with previously owned motor homes
- Displays are permanently open for relaxed viewing at your own pace
- No hard sell, just good honest advice
- One stop shop – from awnings and furniture to spare parts and accessories
- Continued growth and re-investment in premises and staff
- All staff are factory trained and we only employ best-practice certified technicians in our industry approved Service Centres
- Dedicated award-winning Customer Care facilities
- Some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff in the industry
- Detailed caravan induction from top to toe, inside and out
- Passion for caravanning
- Effective ongoing after sales support with a two-way dealer/customer relationship
- Option to be accompanied as you first drive your caravan off the dealer premises
- Competitive Finance (subject to status)
So come in and see us at Broad Lane. We’re here for you – after all, it’s your experience so we want to make sure it’s an enjoyable one!
How to Tow
Everything you need to know about the legalities and practical advice of towing a caravan.