Broad Lane’s commitment to safety, during these unprecedented times is unwavering.
Personal safety is at the heart of the Broad Lane family, providing you with the freedom to move in a caring thoughtful and safe way. Our responsibility to our staff and visitors is to ensure our sites and showrooms are safe places to work and visit, whilst continuing to provide a great retail experience. The purpose of this communication is to explain the measures we are taking and to show our commitment to providing safe practices for us all.
We will continue to review the measures during the coming months and will adapt and change with the scientific and Government advice available https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection, keep our staff and customers safe and make our business COVID-secure, we have introduced a series of measures throughout our dealerships and service centres.
For best practice, we have used a full RAMS (Risk Assessment & Method Statement) process to include method statements which document, in writing, specific safety measures which are being undertaken.
- All sites will be properly cleaned on a daily basis, with focus on regular ‘touch points’ to ensure that the hygiene is the best it can be.
- All members of staff have been asked to sign a declaration that they are not exhibiting any signs of being affected by Covid-19; have undergone online training and certified as fully “Covid Aware”.
- Hand gel and sanitiser spray is freely available throughout the showgrounds to assist in safety and confidence.
- Informative signage has been conveniently placed throughout to assist and assure visitors.
- Dedicated and separate entrance and exists have been incorporated where possible.
- Floor and boundary markings, and barriers, have been included inside to ensure 2 metres spacing in higher traffic areas.
- Shop, Awning and Service Reception areas now have restrictions to one or two couples at a time.
- All caravans have been removed from the showroom (at Alcester) and all vehicles on display will be kept locked, allowing us to monitor which units require additional cleaning and fogging with sanitiser.
- Customers wishing to view vehicles will be asked to wear gloves and face masks, along with sales staff, to assist in general protection.
- Certain areas of our business may now be entirely out of bounds to customers. These areas will be clearly marked and we ask you to respect the signs and rules displayed.
- Staff will be keeping a mutual 2m distance at all times.
- When it comes to taking payment, we’d prefer you to use contactless methods or secure online payment if possible.
- Our technicians will be observing strict recommended working practices when your vehicle is in our care for service, warranty or repair work
- Before returning serviced vehicles, we will be sanitising areas most likely to be touched.
- Before despatching sold vehicles, they will be thoroughly sanitised using a fogging machine.
- Vehicle handovers will be contactless with the addition of video support to focus on areas requiring clarification or identified as being new to you.
- All keys will be hygienically cleaned for safety, and sanitiser wipes made available.
It is preferred that, when wishing to view vehicles, appointments are made in advance by contacting the sales teams directly at either Alcester - 01789 763432 or Kenilworth – 01926 858880.
We have introduced a ‘Call to Collect’ system to make it easier and safer to pre-order parts and accessories.
Once again, this is a dynamic situation, so please bear with us as the above may change from time to time.
Let’s hope we have a wonderful, warm and enjoyable summer, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Darren & Steve Brown – Joint Managing Directors